Charity is one of the few characters besides the main recurring ones (the Hardys' friends and family) to appear in more than one book. She is a character exclusive to The Hardy Boys Casefiles series, and appears in two of those books.
Charity is a thief who appears to have stolen many valuable things, such as a gold crown and the Star of Ishtar. She has strawberry blond hair and blue eyes. She is also shown to be proud of the fact that she is a thief and is insulted when people think of her otherwise. In Thick as Thieves, she claimed to be a government agent assigned to steal items to gain the trust of thieves, although it is later revealed that she is lying.. Joe seems to be a bit attracted to her at first, although both boys are begrudging of the fact that she manages to outwit them and find her very annoying. Charity in turn seems to also have a strange sort of liking for them; though she uses them to help reach her own goals, she seems to genuinely enjoy working with them. She also does not like to kill people, preferring to outwit or capture them instead; such examples include when she stopped her men from killing Joe and when she gives the boys an antidote they need only when finding out that it will save their uncle Hugh's life in The Crowning Terror, and when she is horrified by Frank's apparent death and when she states that she's "never killed anyone, and [doesn't] want to pick up any bad habits.".. At the end of both books that she appears in, the Hardy boys express that they don't want to see her again, but both feel that they will. This turns out to be true in the case of The Crowning Terror, since they see her again in Thick as Thieves. However, despite it being said at the end of the latter book (implying that they'll meet for a third time), Charity does not make another appearance in any Casefile after Thick as Thieves.
- ↑ The Hardy Boys Casefiles #6 The Crowning Terror; Archway Paperbacks 1987
- ↑ The Hardy Boys Casefiles #29 Thick as Thieves; Archway Paperbacks 1989
- ↑ The Hardy Boys Casefiles #6 The Crowning Terror; Archway Paperbacks 1987- pg's 33 & 52
- ↑ The Hardy Boys Casefiles #6 The Crowning Terror; Archway Paperbacks 1987- pg 126
- ↑ The Hardy Boys Casefiles #29 Thick as Thieves; Archway Paperbacks 1989- pg's 73-75 & 137
- ↑ The Hardy Boys Casefiles #6 The Crowning Terror; Archway Paperbacks 1987- pg's 52 & 151-152
- ↑ The Hardy Boys Casefiles #29 Thick as Thieves; Archway Paperbacks 1989- pg's 53 & 136