Back cover summary
George's childhood friend Merissa Lang is getting married, and George and NANCY DREW have come to Holland to meet her fiancé. The marriage is a fairy tale come true: Prince Andrei, the groom-to-be, has lots of old-world charm and untold riches. But this is one fairy tale that may come to a tragic end: Merissa, an investigative reporter, is nowhere to be found. Nancy suspects that Merissa's latest project -- a story probing the dark secrets of one of the Netherlands' most respected citizens -- has put her life at risk.
FRANK and JOE HARDY are working undercover for the U.S. Treasury. A Cache of gold bullion, stolen fifty years ago by Nazi soldiers, has been traced to the Netherlands. But the brothers' investigation in Amsterdam begins on a chilling note: The one man who might lead them to the gold is murdered. And they've spotted their top suspect at the castle estate of Prince Adrei! Is there a connection between the stolen gold and the missing Merissa? For Nancy, Frank, and Joe, the answer is tangled in enduring loyalties and fatal betrayals.
Businesses and organizations
to be added.
- Evil In Amsterdam was co-written by Ellen Steiber, who had also written other Nancy Drew books, such as The Secret Of Seven Rocks as well as a second Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery story, as per the 1993 Nancy Drew Conference at the University of Iowa. Her collaborator, who as of 2018 has not been identified, lived in the Netherlands for a while.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Hardy Boys Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew Archive
- ↑ http://stratemeyer.org/2015/05/ghostwriting-in-the-mega-books-era/
- ↑ https://books.google.ca/books?id=WB5CnCXNcmAC&pg=PA75&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false